ARE YOU A STUDENT LOOKING TO GET YOUR PRIVATE PILOTS LICENSE OR MAKE AVIATION A LIFESTYLE?
CRAFT Flight Training and Simulation is offering two, 2-week camps this summer for students 16-19 years old. This is an accelerated flight training camp where students will have 2 goals: flying their first solo and earning an endorsement to take the FAA Knowledge Test (written exam).
The camp will be held at CRAFT’s Summerville location with two available sessions: June 5-21 and July 10-26 (WAITLIST). Students will get at least 14 hours of flight training and over 30 hours of ground instruction.
During their training, students will fly in the modern, low-wing Diamond DA20 aircraft and the Redbird SD Simulator. There are only 8 spots available for each session so space is limited. This is a unique opportunity for an aspiring pilot to receive accelerated, professional flight training and complete over a third of the training required to get their Private Pilot License.
CRAFT SUMMER CAMP DETAILS
- Before start date, must obtain at least a Third-Class FAA medical (if student intends to solo during camp)
- Must be at least 16 years old, be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language
- First Sunday – 12-4pm – Welcome, Lesson Zero, and Ground Lesson 1, Parents are welcome to attend the Welcome portion which is the first hour.
- Week 1 – Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm each day
- Week 2 – Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm each day
- Week 3 – Monday and Tuesday – Flex/Optional days to allow the students additional time to meet their goals.
- Saturday – Sunday, optional Weather makeup days.
- 14 hours of flight instruction in the modern Diamond DA20
- Redbird Simulator instruction and VR Oculus Simulation
- Ground School
- Lunch, Snacks, Drinks
- Camp TShirt
- Books and Materials (Logbook, access to ASA Online test prep)
- Flight Insurance for 1-month
- Loaner headset
- Lodging – Ask about our hotel discounts.
- Daily Transportation to the Summerville Airport
- Ipad/Computer access for quizzes and homework
Cost - $4300
- Deposit of $1000 is due 3 weeks prior to the start date of the camp
- Deposit is refundable up to 2 weeks before camp start date
- Partial scholarships may be available through evaluation of student applications and on an as-needed basis
Stay Up-To-Date with The Latest Articles, Press Releases, Updates, and Aviation News
LATEST ARTICLES AND PRESS RELEASES
Excerpt from TAKING FLIGHT IN AFJROTC On a clear Saturday morning at Summerville Airport,...
GET BACK INTO THE LEFT SEAT! If you're like a lot of pilots, the last couple of years has probably...
Here are a few tips to remember if you suspect you've lost radio comms with ATC during Instrument...