ARE YOU A STUDENT LOOKING TO GET YOUR PRIVATE PILOTS LICENSE OR MAKE AVIATION A LIFESTYLE?
CRAFT Flight Training and Simulation is offering two, 2-week camps this summer for students 16-19 years old. This is an accelerated flight training camp where students will have 2 goals: flying their first solo and earning an endorsement to take the FAA Knowledge Test (written exam).
The camp will be held at CRAFT’s Summerville location with two available sessions: June 5-21 (WAITLIST) and July 10-26 (2 Spots Open). Students will get at least 14 hours of flight training and over 30 hours of ground instruction.
During their training, students will fly in the modern, low-wing Diamond DA20 aircraft and the Redbird SD Simulator. There are only 8 spots available for each session so space is limited. This is a unique opportunity for an aspiring pilot to receive accelerated, professional flight training and complete over a third of the training required to get their Private Pilot License.
CRAFT SUMMER CAMP DETAILS
- Before start date, must obtain at least a Third-Class FAA medical (if student intends to solo during camp)
- Must be at least 16 years old, be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language
- First Sunday – 12-4pm – Welcome, Lesson Zero, and Ground Lesson 1, Parents are welcome to attend the Welcome portion which is the first hour.
- Week 1 – Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm each day
- Week 2 – Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm each day
- Week 3 – Monday and Tuesday – Flex/Optional days to allow the students additional time to meet their goals.
- Saturday – Sunday, optional Weather makeup days.
- 14 hours of flight instruction in the modern Diamond DA20
- Redbird Simulator instruction and VR Oculus Simulation
- Ground School
- Lunch, Snacks, Drinks
- Camp TShirt
- Books and Materials (Logbook, access to ASA Online test prep)
- Flight Insurance for 1-month
- Loaner headset
- Lodging – Ask about our hotel discounts.
- Daily Transportation to the Summerville Airport
- Ipad/Computer access for quizzes and homework
Cost - $4300
- Deposit of $1000 is due 3 weeks prior to the start date of the camp
- Deposit is refundable up to 2 weeks before camp start date
- Partial scholarships may be available through evaluation of student applications and on an as-needed basis
Stay Up-To-Date with The Latest Articles, Press Releases, Updates, and Aviation News
LATEST ARTICLES AND PRESS RELEASES
In addition to PRIVATE and INSTRUMENT, CRAFT now has COMMERCIAL PART 141 approval. CRAFT has...
PROVIDING A GREAT EXPERIENCE As we set out to provide the best flight training experience for our...
WHAT IS CAP? The Army Credentialing Assistance Program allows eligible National Guard, Active Duty...