We are excited to welcome the newest member of the CRAFT fleet, a 2013 DIAMOND DA40 XLT, N338DS. Adding a third DA40 to the CRAFT fleet will give our members the flexibility and service they deserve to avoid maintenance downtime. This extremely low time DA40 is renting for $200/hour wet and is equipped with the same avionics as N873MA and N218DC, including:
- Garmin G1000 w/WAAS & Synthetic Vision Technology
- Garmin GFC 700 Autopilot
- GTX 345R ADS-B In/out with Traffic and Weather
A few other features about the XLT trim level that we like:
- Includes the infrared control technology leather developed by BMW for their convertibles that does not absorb heat from the sun. Helps with comfort so when folks jump in with shorts, the leather is cool to the touch and does not burn.
- Includes the “Bubble Canopy” for increased head room. The canopy also includes the very desirable integrated sun visors that were not made available until the XLT model.
- Wider front seats…the XLT interior has remolded center console and sides to increase the pilot and co-pilot seat width 1 inch each. Best part is the seat belt connector does not press into your hip in this wider configuration.
- Lumbar support…the XLT interior is by far the most comfortable interior created for the DA40. It provides excellent lumbar support, breathable leather center inserts and comfortable cushy headrests.
- The fit and finish of the XLT is superior over all other previous DA40’s. It “looks like what it costs!”
- The large Hartzell prop is our favorite of all time. It provides outstanding performance and has the added bonus of allowing a pilot to “come down AND slow down at the same time”.
Contact us if you’d like to get checked out in the DA40 and upgrade your flight training experience!