ACCELERATED CERTIFIED FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR (CFI) COURSE
Your Flight Story
You are a Commercial rated pilot who wants to make it to the airlines as quickly as possible. But that requires 1,500 PIC hours, and time building can be expensive. Stop paying for your flight hours and get paid to build hours.
OUR SOLUTION: GET YOUR cfi RATING AT CRAFT
We want to help you on your aviation journey. We can’t help you unless you take the first step and make an investment in yourself. CONTACT CRAFT now to get scheduled for our CFI Course!
CRAFT is a premier flight school at Charleston International Airport. Our Accelerated CFI Course is perfect for the Commercial pilot who wants to get their CFI rating quickly. Upon completion, you’ll have all the necessary training and endorsements, and will be ready to complete your CFI check ride, which we will schedule for you in the beautiful Charleston area. We provide individualized training, focusing on processes that yield results. You will train in our Redbird FMX Simulator and modern Diamond Aircraft, or bring your own plane!
CRAFT ACCELERATED CFI COURSE COST: $8,400*
- 10-12 Days
- One-on-one or 2 students max.
- 40+ hours of classroom instruction
- Fundamentals of Instruction (FOI)
- Flight Instructor Aeronautical Knowledge
- Appropriate FARs
- Develop and deliver Lesson plans
- Redbird FMX AATD Simulator instruction – up to 6 hours
- Dual Flight Instruction in our Diamond DA20 (Spin certified) – up to 14 hours*
- Aircraft rental for checkride
- Basic and advanced maneuvers from right seat
- Training Materials
*Contact us for a quote if you’d like to bring your own plane.
*Upgrade to the Diamond DA40 for an additional $700.
- FAA Single Engine Commercial Pilot Certificate
- Valid FAA Medical Certificate
- Flight Instructor Airplane (FIA) Knowledge Test Completed
- Fundamentals of Instructions (FOI) Knowledge Test Completed
- Spin Certification (If you don’t have it we can add it on for an hourly rate)
- Proficient in Private and Commercial maneuvers (stalls, steep turns, chandelles, Lazy 8s, etc.)
*Students who are interested but do not meet the above prerequisites should CONTACT CRAFT for a tailored quote.
NOT INCLUDED, BUT REQUIRED
CFI initial examiner cost varies by DPE, expect to spend about $1000
2021 CLASS DATES
- Feb 1-12
- Mar 1-12
- Apr 6-17
- May 3-14
- Jun 7-18
- Jul 6-17
- Aug 2-13
- Sept 7-18
- Oct 4-15
- Nov 1-12
- Dec 6-17
If you would like to request specific dates, contact us!
ACCELERATED CFI-I ADD-ON
For just $4150, bundle your CFI and CFI-I and save $$$! For more details on the CFI-I course, check out this page. The courses are run sequentially, so add 3-4 days to your trip and knock them both out!
This is a fast-paced course. We cannot emphasize enough that you must come prepared. If more training is needed, standard school rates for aircraft rentals and instructors will apply. If you don’t meet all the prerequisites, please CONTACT CRAFT to schedule any remedial training prior to the class start date.
- Affordable off-campus housing is available within 5-10 minute drive from CRAFT.
- We offer additional options for Bring Your Own Plane (BYOP).
- Discounts – Attend with your friends and save!
- There may be opportunities to work at CRAFT after your get your CFI rating – Contact Us today to schedule an interview.
Do You Have Questions About the Accelerated CFI Course?
Please fill out the form below
FLIGHT TRAINING Courses
CRAFT has enjoyed great success with its flight courses. We offer Private Pilot, Instrument Flight Rating (IFR), Commercial Single, Commercial Multi, Certified Flight Instructor (CFI), Certified Flight Instructor - Instrument (CFII), Multi-Engine, Multi-Engine Instructor, and an ATP Checkride Prep course.
Private Pilot License $9,000 - $13,000
The beginning of an Aviation Journey. Can be completed in as little as 2 months. However, most students take about 4-6 months.
Instrument Flight Rules $9,500
The next step and one of the most important. You can’t always count on the weather to be VFR.